Non-toxic and Fragrance-Free Cleaning Supplies
Approved by Shutesbury ADA Com for use in town buildings
- All-purpose cleaner: Shaklee Basic H
Use for general cleaning, spot cleaning, degreaser, floor mopping, fabrics, dishes, glass, windows. Replaces PineSol, 409 Degreaser, spot cleaners, Murphy's Oil Soap, Windex.
- Scouring powder: Bon Ami
Use for toilet bowl cleaner, tubs, tile. Replaces Ajax, Bio-Kleen.
- Liquid hand soap: Clearly Natural Unscented Glycerin Soap, or Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Unscented Baby Mild Soap, or Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Soap.
Use in bathroom and other liquid hand soap dispensers. Replaces Softsoap and other scented soaps.
- Dishwashing: Bio-Pac
Use as dishwashing liquid, or automatic dishwashing powder. Can also be used diluted as a hand soap. Replaces Joy, Palmolive and other liquid dish detergents, and scented automatic dishwashing products.
- Carpets and floors: HEPA/filtered vacuum.
- Air freshener: open container or baking in refrigerator, storeroom, basement, etc. For rubbish bins: wash with Borax solution. Sprinkle Borax on bottom of bin before placing bag.
- Mold inhibitor: white vinegar, Borax solution. Clean thoroughly.
- Chrome cleaner: apply apple cider vinegar with soft cloth, buff.
- Coffeemaker/teapot (non-aluminum): pour baking soda on damp sponge and rub.
- Disinfectant: vodka or Borax solution.
- General cleaning walls, woodwork, floors, tile: Borax solution.
- Heavy duty cleaning: TSP
Grease stains on rugs, upholstery: rub baking soda into spot with cloth or brush, then sweep away. Scouring powder for sinks, tubs, tile, fiberglass: sprinkle baking soda or Borax on a damp sponge and rub. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Windows, mirrors, flat top stoves: 1 tablespoon white vinegar in 2 pints warm water, or 2 oz vinegar in 1 gallon warm water.