Classification Hearing Notice
Tax Classification Hearing
Town of Shutesbury
In accordance with Chapter 369 of the Acts of 1982, the Selectboard will hold a public hearing on the issue of allocating the local property tax levy among the classes of residential, open space, commercial, industrial, and personal property.
The hearing will be held in the Shutesbury Town Hall at 1 Cooleyville Rd. on Tuesday, November 14th at 6:30 PM. All interested taxpayers are invited to attend and may present oral or written information on their views.
This meeting will be “fragrance free.”
Michael DeChiara (Chair)
FY18 Final Certification of Values
The Board of Assessors has received final certification of values for FY18.
The “FINAL OLD TO NEW” file from the link below shows the FY17 value and FY18 value for every property in Shutesbury in alphabetical order according to owner.
- Veterans Exemptions information
- Elderly Exemptions - income and asset limits
- CPA Exemption Information
- Owners of businesses and 2nd homes
Fiscal Year 2017 tax rate: $22.76/1,000.
The following forms are available as Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files:
- Chapter 61A-B annual application form due by October 1st
- Real and Personal Property Abatement Application
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Application
- Veterans with disability, under age 65
- Seniors 65 and older
- Community Preservation Act Exemption Application
- Financial Hardship based on Age or Infirmity
- Form of List (household)
Form of List (business)
- Charitable Organizations Return of Property (3-ABC)
Cyclical inspections of properties are required by the Department of Revenue for all developed properties in each town every nine years. The inspection is a formality which usually takes about 15 minutes. We note differences, if any, from our description and the property. Thus if there was a finished basement in our records and there is a unfinished basement on the property we will adjust our records which will change the assessed value.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments for cyclical inspections.