The Department of Revenue has given preliminary approval to the Board of Assessors for the new values resulting from the FY18 revaluation. The Board wishes to notify the public of the value changes and for the following two weeks (one week beyond the required minimum), until September28, the Board will have a disclosure period in which property owners may request property specific information about the changes in value. A list of changes will be posted on the Shutesbury web site (www.shutesbury.org) and will be available at the town hall, post office and the library. Out of town owners and owners in town with a greater than 3% increase in valuation will be notified by mail.
Persons who wish to apply for an abatement may do so before the due date of the FY18 third quarter tax bill (February 1, 2018). Abatement application forms can be obtained directly from the Board of Assessors in the town hall or from the assessors web page www.shutesbury.org/assessors.
Please contact the office (413) 259-3790 with any questions.
- Veterans Exemptions information
- Elderly Exemptions - income and asset limits
- CPA Exemption Information
- Owners of businesses and 2nd homes
Fiscal Year 2017 tax rate: $22.76/1,000.
The following forms are available as Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files:
- Chapter 61A-B annual application form due by October 1st
- Real and Personal Property Abatement Application
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Application
- Veterans with disability, under age 65
- Seniors 65 and older
- Community Preservation Act Exemption Application
- Financial Hardship based on Age or Infirmity
- Form of List (household)
Form of List (business)
- Charitable Organizations Return of Property (3-ABC)
Cyclical inspections of properties are required by the Department of Revenue for all developed properties in each town every nine years. The inspection is a formality which usually takes about 15 minutes. We note differences, if any, from our description and the property. Thus if there was a finished basement in our records and there is a unfinished basement on the property we will adjust our records which will change the assessed value.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments for cyclical inspections.