Voter Registration Information
There are multiple ways to register to vote. You can register at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, pick up a voter registration form outside the Town Clerk's office or register online. Visit https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm for more information.
Public Records Requests
Many citizens would like to know more about the activities of committees and boards in town. You may find the information you are seeking on a board or committee's page on the town website. If the information is not there or you don't have web access, you are welcomed to make a public records request to the Town Clerk. You can click here to email your request.
Under state Public Record Law, the requests for public records in Shutesbury are made to Susie Mosher, Town Clerk, our Records Access Officer. Requests can be made in writing or by email. Please include contact your information. For more an update on the Public Records law, go to https://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prenotice.htm
Shutesbury has guidelines for the Public Record here.
Minutes for Meetings
The Open Meeting Law Guide describes the requirements for minutes on pages 15-16 and can be read here.
I am attaching samples of minute templates that meet the OML requirements in different styles. Your committee may have their own format that meets the requirements. Table Format Narrative Format You can get copies of these forms in the lower right-hand mailbox in the hallway at Town Hall and from the stand outside the Town Clerk's office.
Mandatory Ethics Training for All Employees and Volunteers
- Summary of the Conflict of Interest Law
- http://www.muniprog.eth.state.ma.us/ Click on assessment lower left column. Then click on Municipal Employee assessment button
Required Information for Appointed and Elected Members of Shutesbury Government
People new to a board or position should get sworn in at the Town Clerk's office and I can hand you the full folder of information. For those who want to read or print themselves a copy of information sheets, the documents are linked here.
- Attorney General's Open Meeting Law Guide
- Open Meeting Law, MGL c. 30A, SS 18-25
- 940 CMR as of Oct. 6, 2017
- Certificate of Receipt of Open Meeting Law Materials
- Open Meeting Law FAQ
- Attorney General's Open Meeting Law webpage with links and information
- Conflict of Interest Law Summary
- Town of Shutesbury Regarding Unlawful Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Policy
- Policy of Non-Discrimination & Grievance Procedure
- Shutesbury Volunteers are "Special Municipal Employees"
- Shutesbury Employee and Volunteer Code of Conduct Policy
- Indemnification of Volunteers
- Fragrance Free and AmericansWith Disabilities Act Requirements
- Guide for Members of Public Boards and Commissions
- https:// www.youtube.com/ watch?v=BFd9PmEhKZk video for Board and Com. Members
DBA information and forms
Information and forms for a DBA certificate can be found here.
License or Re-license Your Dog by Mail or In Person
Order a Vital Record (Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate)
- Submit request by phone, fax, or email email@example.com.
- Include any known information - name and date preferred.
- Include a $5 payment (made out to "Town of Shutesbury")
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope, or a preferred
time to pick up the certificate at the Town Clerk's office.
Search Vital Records
available and send an estimated cost to complete the research and make copies as requested.