Shutesbury Board of Assessors:
Stephen Schmidt, Chairman
Kenneth Holmberg (Administrative Assessor)
Leslie Bracebridge (Assessors Clerk)
Board of Assessors Contact information:
Monday Tuesday 10-3; Wed. 1-3 Thursday 12-4
Refer to Website calendar or call Assessors office.
Shutesbury Tax Collector:
FY 17 Final Values
- Veterans Exemptions information
- Elderly Exemptions - income and asset limits
- CPA Exemption Information
- Owners of businesses and 2nd homes
Fiscal Year 2017 tax rate: $22.76/1,000.
The following forms are available as Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files:
- Chapter 61A-B annual application form due by October 1st
- Real and Personal Property Abatement Application
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Application
- Veterans with disability, under age 65
- Seniors 65 and older
- Community Preservation Act Exemption Application
- Financial Hardship based on Age or Infirmity
- Form of List (household)
Form of List (business)
- Charitable Organizations Return of Property (3-ABC)
Cyclical inspections of properties are required by the Department of Revenue for all developed properties in each town every nine years. The inspection is a formality which usually takes about 15 minutes. We note differences, if any, from our description and the property. Thus if there was a finished basement in our records and there is a unfinished basement on the property we will adjust our records which will change the assessed value.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments for cyclical inspections.