The Community Preservation Committee (CPC) recommends to Town Meeting for approval grants, funded by the Community Preservation Act (CPA), for historic preservation, open space, recreation, and community housing projects. Applying for a CPA grant is simple and open to any group or organization with a project that aligns with the CPA's purposes. Information about the CPA in Shutesbury and applying for funding from the CPC is provided in the Shutesbury Community Preservation Plan.
The CPC typically meets on the third Thursday of each month from September to May or June. For upcoming meeting notices please visit the Town Calendar. All meetings are currently being held virtually.
All CPC meetings are open to the public and everyone is always welcome.
Important dates for 2023:
- February 23: CPC meets, with applicants, to discuss Applications for Funding
- March 23: CPC holds public hearing so public can comment on and ask questions about projects
- April 6: CPC meets to vote on Applications for Funding and write warrant articles
- April 29: Annual Town Meeting votes on the warrant articles
- May 18: CPC meets to draft and vote on grant agreements for successful projects