The Community Preservation Committee (CPC) evaluates and recommends to Town Meeting grants, funded by the Community Preservation Act (CPA), for historic preservation, open space, recreation, and community housing projects. Applying for a CPA grant is simple and open to any group or organization with a project that aligns with the CPA's purposes. Information about the CPA in Shutesbury and applying for funding from the CPC is provided in the Shutesbury Community Preservation Plan.
The CPC typically meets on the third Thursday of each month from September to May or June. For upcoming meeting notices please visit the Town Calendar. All meetings are currently being held virtually.
All CPC meetings are open to the public and everyone is always welcome.
The CPC's tentative schedule for FY2024 is:
- August 24: Initial meeting
- September 21: Public hearing on Community Preservation Plan update
- October 19: Meeting to update Community Preservation Plan
- November 16: Meeting to address questions from/to potential applicants
- December 4: Deadline to submit Determination of Eligibility
- December 14: Meeting to discuss and vote on Determinations of Eligibility
- January 18: Meeting to address questions from/to potential applicants
- February 5: Deadline to submit Application
- February 15: Meeting to ask questions of applicants
- February 29: Optional meeting to ask questions of applicants
- March 21: Meeting to discuss and vote on Applications
- April 4: Meeting to draft and vote on warrant articles
- May 16 (or 1-2 weeks after Town Meeting): Meeting to draft and vote on grant agreements