- Spayed female or neutered male—$5.00
- Unspayed female or unneutered male—$10.00
- Kennel licenses—Contact Town Clerk
Click here for a printable dog license application, which you can mail or deliver to the Town Clerk's office (PDF file).
Per State law and Town Bylaws, dogs must be licensed at 6 months of age.
Cats must be vaccinated against rabies, but no license is required.
Leash Law Enforced - from the Licensing and Control Bylaw
(see link to the full document at the bottom of this page):
All owners or keepers of dogs, or their agents, shall at all times:
- Maintain control of the dog beyond the confines of their property by leash or voice command.
- Maintain a collar or harness on the dog, suitable for restraining the animal.
- Maintain current Massachusetts dog license, if over six months of age.
- License any dog requiring same within 30 days of its arrival in Shutesbury.
- Maintain current rabies vaccination, if required.
- Maintain the issued current license tag securely attached to the collar or harness.